Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hello?... um...

… testing, testing.  Is this thing on?  tap tap tap

Ok, in just a couple of weeks I’ll be done with Lila and taking another trip with lots and lots of pictures to be forthcoming.  I realize I’ve left you all hanging out a bit but well, um, there hasn’t been much to say really.  I’ve had lots of flashes in my mind about potential blogs but nothing really worth posting.

Take this story for example.  “Mosquito’s revenge”

I know I’ve said it before, but I think that mosquitoes are part of the curse.  I really don’t think there is any use for them much like viruses.  Sure, birds eat them, mosquitoes that is, and so do other things, but really, there’s lots of other bugs out there for them to eat.  They can’t really eat that many of them either because there are just way too many of the stupid things kicking about, or should I say, fluttering about.  I hate them I hate them I hate them.

The stupid things are worse than water when it comes to finding a hole and a way to get inside.  Sometimes I think my apartment has a sign that flashes, big juicy meal this way -> !

So it should come as no surprise to you at what I’m about to write.  Now, this story is not for the faint of heart and pregnant women probably shouldn’t read it either.  Since I don’t know any one that would fit either of these categories I think I can proceed with unabated audacity. :-)  (wait till you read what I’m writing.)

The other day I was taking care of business standing at a urinal, the full length model, you know, the kind that really allows for full coverage splash back, (which is rather annoying), but this isn’t about urinals, it’s about something worse.  Yes, worse!

As I was taking care of business, right there before me was a mosquito inside the urinal on the left side and within range.  Well, I went for it.  Any chance to kill those little bastards, (well, do they know their fathers!?) :-P is a chance I jump at; though, jumping at times like this is not advisable so don’t try it.

Well you can guess what happened next.  The stupid thing flew up out of the urinal and came straight for my face!  I was shocked, stunned, and getting more concerned with each passing nano second as it inched up and forward.  It’s not like I could do a whole lot about it either.  I was in mid (well, we’ll just say, form :-P) and there was nothing I could do.

I stood there thinking, “how ironic is this?!”  “The stupid mosquito’s ultimate revenge”, and yes, I even thought what a crazy blog this would make.

Well, our hero was not undone (I’m most thankful and happy to say!).  As it neared my mouth I quickly exhaled a big powerful gust of air and whoosh, the stupid thing was blown away.  To where it went or what its accursed little life adventured into next I will never know.  But, it hasn’t been back to the urinal :-), least wise not when I’ve been there.

So the score remains tied, 0-0.  I shall yet have my victory my dear Sancho Panza!  Our quest shall not be in vain.  By the way, has anyone seen any windmills as of late?  I didn’t think so! :-P    

9 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) chuckle, I always get a good laugh out of your comments. ..."self"... that's great.

Well, I'm afraid the latter is the case; I've been working working working. Things have been relatively boring in that respect. The only upside has been my motorcycle. I really love riding. I've been bitten with the bike bug.

I was actually bitten long ago but the symptoms were mostly undiagnosed until recently. I think I shall always have to have a motorcycle from now on. How sad is my condition. :-S I shall have no peace without said treatments of long quiet rides. :-D

I am only finished with Lila for the rest of the summer. In September I will be returning to teaching 10 hours a day.

I can't tell you much about my trip because I don't know much. I let my friends take care of all the details. The language thing you know. :-)

good to hear from you.

me

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ya, that would have been very bad had I been bitten ... somewhere... very bad.

:-P

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You scare me....

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(note to self...) are you sure? :-P

Sounds like life is going well. :-)

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummmm... I've never had that problem. Sorry guys... -eiko

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Eiko, but for girls you're just sitting ducks. ...target sited...going in...landing gear extended...contact...beginning extraction over...fly fly fly, target is on the move, repeat, target is on the move!

As to your question there Darren, I have from July 21 to Aug 31 off from Lila. I still teach at the academy and will be working about 6 hours a day instead of 10 :-). I'll write more in a blog explaining the whole thing.

me

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, I thought for sure you'd gotten bitten... "somewhere" and that would have beeen ultra funny. It reminds me of the time at Cyprus lake, the only time I was there, I had to 'go' in the forest and the only means of 'cleaning myself' was some mysterious leaves I believe they call.. poison oak (also part of the curse).. youch!!! It was not a pleasent experience.. love you ken!!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. This post has now been up for over a month. The longer it stays, the more the mosquitoes seem to attack me. It is not right that you have brought on the revenge of the mosquitos and have forced the rest of us to reap what you have sown . . . .

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-P I search and search for a way to make an evil grin but it just doesn't seem possible. I'm glad though that you can share in my woes, now I don't feel so lonely. ahahahahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home