Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Um, Hi

Well, I must apologize to my faithful blogger friends. I haven't written anything in quite a while. Terribly sorry. I've had bloggers block and there isn't much happening right now. On top of that, I was really sick. Tired of excuses, well, here's one more. :-) Blogger has finished updating their interface and now everything on the Korean computer that I use is in Korean. So now, I have to guess at what I'm doing. Being a bit rusty, I've forgotten what things to click on. :-S

So, that said, ... wait! I have one more excuse!!! I've been reading, devouring, this book called Sane Investing in an Insane World. I've really been enjoying it. Thus, when I would normally be blogging, I've been reading. :-) That's a good excuse isn't it???

Well, I decided that I owe it to you to blog at least once a week whether I have something to say or not. As such, I commit to posting at least once every two weeks. :-) lol It's summer what can I say.

My latest excursion was a short lived trip to the DMZ. (For those of you who don't know what that is, you should be ashamed. tsk tsk tsk. It's the demilitarized zone, like in Star Trek and the Neutral Zone (funny story about a Youth Group once called that), or in-between N. and S. Vietnam.)

Well, as a foreigner, one should always carry some sort of photo id just because it's a good idea. Me, well, I don't always think about shuch things. You really don't need it for anything and I don't carry a wallet because it's really bad for your back. And I certainly wont use a man purse. As if, please.

Leaving the apartment for my days excursion, all of my photo id stuff was with my banking stuff, I need it for that, and I didn't want to take all of that with me on the train. So, I pulled it out and left it. I never even once thought about my id. What would I need it for anyway. We are going to a town near the DMZ which is still in S. Korea. No prob right? Wrong! Stupid communist threat. Any way, we get up there, (which by the way is dirt cheap, a buck thirty for a 2 hr train ride) and we have to transfer trains to get to the town. BUT, in-order to complete this task, one needs a photo id! What!!!!! So, I got to ride on a train on Saturday! Isn't that so cool! It was really exciting!!! We're going back in 2 weeks. :-P

Me

4 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm ashamed of you for not referencing "Good Morning, Vietnam" in your explanation of the demilitarized zone -- Robin Williams probably made that most famous . . . .

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, I wont have pictures of my friends or group pics on me so I should be ok. :-P

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, ya, I bought the book after being here for about 2 months. Part of my long term planning that I've been doing. I want out of the rat race. I want to be a fast track member. :-)

I should say though, that I'm still on a tight budget as part of my goals. But in my budget is money for eating out and such. So ya, no worries. What a strange feeling. :-)

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me a nerd, but I just finished playing a video game that accurately portrays all the unrest in the area at times and the DMZ plays a big part

-ay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home