Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Prayer Time

These pics are from a prayer meeting that Meyung Sung Prsb. Church was having during the 1st 5 days of March. Every day the prayer services started at 4:00 AM! and ended with the 5th service starting at 10:00 AM. Now the amazing thing is, each of these services is packed. I mean packed. Even the 4:00 meeting!

I went to the church at about 3:00 in the morning to take pictures. Mr Lee, (my boss) is part of the Video team at the church, so I had a free pass to go any where I wanted as long as he was with me :-) He took me up to the balcony of one of their buildings so I could get some good shots. It is amazing how many cars they can park in such a small parking lot. Definitely not what we are used to.

One of the things that I have been discovering about the Korean Church is their incredible dedication and desire. Many Koreans work 6 days a week, have a family, and still serve many hours for the church. Prayer is not just something they talk about, Koreans take it very seriously. This prayer meeting was called to pray over the nations and the sinful lifestyles of the people of the world, crying out to God for their salvation. That was it, evangelism. And people came by the thousands! Every stinkin service. You had to move quickly in and out or you would become part of the floor. 5000 people leaving the sanctuary with 5000 more coming in, well, you just move with the flow baby. And, it wasn't just the sanctuary that filled up, the overflow room too. Wow!

I just visited the largest church in the world, Yeouido Full Gospel Church, and the attitude about prayer is exactly the same, even more so. It seems from what I've been able to ascertain, that all of the churches that are growing so big have many many many prayer warriors who are constantly praying.

From what I've learned, Koreans have a strong desire to be the best in the world as far as production and business goes. This seems to be true in Church as well. Koreans take great pride in what they do and great pride in their churches, and there is great ownership with their churches as well.

Now, I'm not saying that the Korean Churches are perfect, I've seen some flaws as well, but the intense desire for prayer and evangelism is amazing. Enjoy the pics. I spent a good part of the day in bed sleeping afterwards. :-) 2 1/2 hours sleep wasn't much.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can see these pictures. On my computer at home I can see them just fine. On the computer at the institute however, I can't see hardly anything! I hope it's just this computer and not everyones.

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Sylvie, I would have to agree with you. It's been really challenging to me as I've been here. I keep thinking, what am I going to do when I go back ot N. Am.?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home